Heart and Circulatory Health
Conditions affecting the heart and blood vessels can affect the every day functioning of the body, and may be potentially life threatening. The following are some examples of treatments provided for various common heart and circulatory problems:
- High blood pressure - consistently elevated blood pressure. Acupuncture is applied to calm the nervous system, relax the blood vessels, and reduce blood pressure. Acupressure or reflexology may also be applied to calm thenervous system and reduce blood pressure.
- Low blood pressure - consistently low blood pressure. Acupuncture is applied to strengthen the nervous system, balance the hormones, tighten the blood vessels, and increase blood pressure. Heat therapy may also be applied to raise blood pressure.
- High cholesterol - elevated concentrations of low density lipoprotein (LDL) and low concentrations of high density lipoprotein (HDL). Acupuncture is applied to moderate metabolism of cholesterol and reduce inflammation.
- Arrhythmia - abnormality in the heart beat. Acupuncture is applied to rebalance the nervous system to improve rhythmic heart beating, improve circulation, and regenerate damaged heart tissue. Acupressure or reflexology may also be applied to rebalance the nervous system and improve circulation.
- Angina - reduce blood flow to heart, resulting in chest pain. Acupuncture is applied to improve circulation, calm the nervous system, and relax tightened chest muscles. Acupressure or reflexology may also be applied to improve circulation and relax tightened muscles.
- Poor peripheral circulation - circulation to extremities such as hands and feet is poor. Acupuncture and heat therapy are applied to relax blood vessels and improve circulation. Acupressure or reflexology m ay also be applied to improve circulation.