Skin and Facial Rejuvenation
The skin protects the body from the external environment, including harmful substance in air, water, and solar radiation. Toxins we consume in our food and drink may build up in the skin, causing additional damage. And the skin can be affected by certain diseases or injuries, causing skin changes or scarring. The following are some examples of treatments provided for various common skin conditions:
- Eczema - inflammation and irritation of the skin. Acupuncture is applied to adjust the mineral balance of the skin, reduce inflammation and pain, and speed the healing process. Acupressure or reflexologymay also be applied to improve circulation and speed the healing process.
- Acne - inflammation of the sebaceous glands of the skin. Acupuncture is applied to rebalance hormones and reduce inflammation. Acupressure or reflexology may also be applied to rebalance hormones and reduce inflammation.
- Scarring - fibrous tissue remaining at the site of a healed injury. Acupuncture and electric stimulation are applied to reduce inflammation, improve circulation to the scar tissue, and stimulate the regeneration of skin. Acupressure may also be applied to loosen the fibrous scar tissue and encourage the regeneration of healthy skin.
- Cellulite - unevenly distributed subcutaneous fat pockets. Acupuncture and cupping are applied to improve circulation to the area and improve the surface texture of the skin. Heat therapy may also be applied to improve circulation.
- Skin and facial rejuvenation - for the health of the skin of the body and face in treatment of skin damage, discoloration, sagging, wrinkling, and tone. Acupuncture, acupressure, and guasha are applied to improve circulation and tone, regeneration of skin damage, and stimulate production of collagen.